April 1, 2013

How'd It Go?

Note: I read and enjoy every single comment. At the moment, though, the blog isn't letting me reply to them. I hope to resolve that soon!

Holidays and other family/social events can be challenging and unsettling for those of us trying to manage our health.

I'm pleased to report I had an easy go of it. I started with a grapefruit cut into wedges, Starkist tuna with sun-dried tomatoes, mayo (I didn't have paleo so I <gasp!> I used store-bought,) celery stalks, grape tomatoes and pimento-stuffed olives. I did treat it as a special day, though, so dessert was a well-rinsed small can of mandarin orange segments with a generous handful of frozen blueberries on top. Yum!

In terms of food volume, my meal was smaller than usual as I usually load up with a high-volume green salad or large servings of low-carb veggies. The main reason I didn't on Easter was that I was expecting a repair person on Saturday and didn't get to go to the store.

Anyhow, I wasn't shocked when I felt hungry by mid-afternoon despite usually eating only a single meal. I simply scrambled 3 eggs with butter and turmeric and that did the trick. I feel fine this morning and very happy that I didn't do anything with consequences. Why couldn't it have been this easy for the last 50 years?

Note to self: add to-do list item, make paleo mayo

No comments:

Post a Comment