January 29, 2012

Monthly Review: January 2012

I know, I know, it's not quite February yet but it's my blog.  :-))


I feel like starting the next month right now so that's what I'm doing. The bad news is that my weight is about the same as a month ago. The GOOD news is that my weight is about the same as a month ago. :-))  


I hadn't thought about it much, but I've now kept at least 30 pounds of my weight loss off for 6 months and that's better than I historically did. The fact that I've managed to lose about another 10 and I'm not currently gaining is, in fact, good news for me.


My waist measurement is about the same as last month, although I do have a sense that I may have lost a small amount of body fat overall. My new mug shot is also about the same although I think the shape of my neck has definitely changed in the last 60 days.


There was one cheat this month, hard-shelled tacos and tiny portions of rice and beans. And in the past week, I've hit fruit and salad hard while de-emphasizing meat slightly. I'll probably reverse that in the next week or two because I don't seem to be as high-energy on a high-carb diet.


The other marker to record for January is that I was less active than desired. I just don't like short days and cool weather! I won't have that excuse this month, because the days are noticeably longer now and the mornings are somewhat warmer. I really need to get walking again.


I'm a February child, so there will be an "anything but wheat" day in the coming month but it's still reasonable to expect a modest weight loss if I eat wisely (always a major IF, of course.)



No comments:

Post a Comment